Sjølund Group’s global growth continues with the acquisition of Cutform OÜ, located close to Tallinn in Estonia. Cutform OÜ employs 100 people and is a specialist in machining and fabrication of high-quality steel and aluminium components.
Cutform OÜ is therefore a strong fit to Sjølund Group’s existing competencies and its strong global position in the section bending of steel and aluminium profiles for among others, wind turbines, building facades, high-speed trains and for a wide range of industrial customers, especially in Denmark, Germany, China and Scandinavia.
“As part of our global growth plan, we have searched for a company with competencies within machining and fabrication, and which can document high quality in production and logistics, combined with a competitive cost level, and we have found that company. It is Cutform,” says Sjølund Group CEO, Søren Ravn Jensen.
“Our customers are increasingly looking to minimize the number of suppliers and thereby asking their preferred suppliers to do more, and with Cutform, we will be able to precisely offer such broader solutions to existing and new customers” continues Søren Ravn Jensen.
Since it was established in 2011, Cutform OÜ has experienced strong and profitable growth, especially in the wind power industry. Finding a strong, global partner such as Sjølund Group, has been a natural step in Cutforms own development.
“The further development of Cutform, from our existing strong position as a supplier to the wind power industry, requires access to new markets in other sectors and countries. As a part of the Sjølund Group, we gain precisely this access and become a central element in a global growth strategy. We are strongly looking forward to this,” says Jason Clark, former co-owner and director at Cutform OÜ.
Cutform OÜ will be integrated as an independent legal entity in the Sjølund Group, operating under the daily management of Managing Director Jason Clark, and will retain the name Cutform OÜ.
Sjølund Group CEO, Søren Ravn Jensen, mobile tel.: +45 2142 5016
Cutform OÜ Managing Director, Jason Clark, mobile tel.: +372 5697 5887
About the Sjølund Group
Sjølund Group headquarters and production is located in Sjølund, next to Kolding in Denmark, with logistics and warehousing in the USA. The acquisition of Cutform OÜ now means that the group has production facilities in Hefei in China and in Tallinn in Estonia.
Sjølund Group employs 250 people across four locations.
Sjølund Group operates globally in the business areas Wind, Transport, Building and Machinery.
German investment fund Deutsche Beteiligungs AG owns 51% of Sjølund Group, while the group’s management owns the remaining 49%.