CUTform began 2014 with investment in our CNC machine and welding departments of over 275,000 Euros
We Have just invested in August 2014 over 300,000 euros for 2 further CNC machines, 1 mill and 1 lathe for our rapidly growing machining department
The latest investments CUTform have made will support those methods that are important to us and our clients. 2014/ 2015 will provide as expected, many more challenges and demands by our ever growing customer base. The investments, added with motivation and drive will ensure CUTform remain at the forefront of our manufacturing sector.
In addition to our 2 HAAS VF3 vertical milling machines, and VF-3YT/50, we have added a second brand new HAAS VF-3YT/50 vertical milling machine. The new machine is equipped with a Midaco duel pallet changer providing optimized productivity, It has a 50 machine taper with 2 speed gear drive, a much more robust machine providing a more wider range of tooling options and limits.
- VF-3YT/ 50 Vertical Machining Center
- Table Limits 40″ X 26″ X 25″ (1016 x 660 x 635 mm)
- 50- taper geared-head, 30 hp (22.4 kW) vector drive,
- 7500 rpm, 30+1 side- mount tool changer, 710 ipm (18 m/min) rapids, rigid tapping and 55-gallon (208 liter) flood coolant system.
- color remote jog handle, programmable coolant nozzle, automatic chip auger,
- power failure detection module, 1 MB program memory, 15″ color LCD monitor, USB port, memory lock keyswitch
Also, CUTform has invested in a HAAS DS30-SSY twin spindle active tooling lathe, including bar feeder
The Haas DS-30 Series Y-axis turning centers combine dual-spindle turning with Y axis, C axis, and live tooling to create powerful “done-in-one” machining solutions for any shop. Available in standard and Super Speed configurations, the machines provide 4″ of Y-axis travel (±2″ from the center line) for off-center milling, drilling, and tapping, and come standard with high-torque live tooling and a servo-driven C axis for versatile 4-axis capability. The opposed spindles support fully synchronized turning, and allow on-the-fly part pass-off to reduce cycle times.
- Dual-Spindle CNC Lathe with Y Axis;
- 16″ x 23″ (406 x 584 mm) max capacity,
- 31.75″ (806 mm) swing, ±2.00″ (±50.8 mm) Y-axis travel.
- Main Spindle: 30 hp (22.4 kW) vector drive,
- 4800 rpm, A2-6 spindle, 8.3″ (210 mm) chuck.
- Secondary Spindle: 20 hp (14.9 kW) vector drive, 4800 rpm, A2-5 spindle, 8.3″ (210 mm) chuck.
- 24-station hybrid turret (12 VDI/12 BOT), high-torque live tooling w/C axis,
- 15″ color LCD monitor,
- memory lock keyswitch,
- spindle orientation,
- USB port and rigid tapping.
- Includes standard tool holder kit.
Both machines will be commissioned in October 2014, so please keep watching the news!